Saturday, February 23, 2013

INFERNO en francais


Working on a new cover for the french edition of my graphic novel Inferno, scheduled for May this year. It will be printed as a lino cut. This is a really crappy test print, but for some reason I'm without oil-based inks, so it will have to do. Pleased with the design however. No mistakes. I do have to add the title, still. Now that's a challenge.


The linoleum proved to be good to handle. Not crumbly or slippery.

(The initial sketch, lifted from one of the pages in the book.)

4 comments:

crippaXXXalmqvist said...

it sure is interesting to get a li'l glimpse into y'r working procedure, marcel.

alkbazz said...

yes! will they print all themselves? Cause they asked me last year but i didn't had news

good luck for reversed gothic text cut !

Marcel Ruijters said...

I suppose they will do the printing that way, yes.

Gaspard Pitiot said...

I like the texture in the first picture.