Sunday, February 05, 2012

Ljuba Popovic and Annie Haslam

 Ljuba Popovic has a really underrated output of fantastical art, you can find a lot of the same images across lots of blogs and galleries (do an image search) but none are very comprehensive and I couldnt put together a very good bunch of links because there is so much scattered overlap. But THIS gallery has a lot of his brilliant lesser known art.

 Annie Haslam is best known as the singer of symphonic folk-prog band Renaissance (who I'd probably say were in my top 5 prog bands) who have the advantage of sounding less dated because they mostly used folk instruments and orchestras instead of the technology most of the other bands used at the time (although they fell prey to the fads of the 80s and regretted trying to keep up with the times and have recently had a reunion going back to their "true" sound).
 But Annie Haslam is an amazing surreal painter capable of some realy gorgeous otherworldly fantasy. 1 2 3  . I'm wary of putting some art on blogs if I think the artist takes copyright far more seriously than I do. You'll just have to take my word for it that I'm not wasting your time.

 I've got tons of links that I've built up for a couple of years. I'm not sure how often I want to post them, for the variety of the blog. I might have finished my own current piece of art in a few weeks. It's been a year since I finished anything!

No comments: