Monday, June 09, 2008

Vague Introduction

Hey,
I was invited to post in here thanks to Luke. We had a bit of a debate on my livejournal and upon checking out this blog I find it to be interesting indeed. I guess I could say that I have been making art throughout my life but it's only within the last two or three years that I have really taken a serious interest in it. I would say that my art focuses a lot on how I perceive the outside world to be and there are a lot of lone peasant characters pictured in my art. I stay at home quite often and wouldn't consider myself to be very social,well in real life anyway. Listing influences and citing my favorite artists is something I will leave to another time. I have been published by Nieves Books,Cederteg Publishing,Shoboshobo Books as well as Andthedragon. Doing a lot of group shows and getting my work into various magazines is what encompasses a lot of my time when it comes to art. I have done some work for bands and small labels,mostly noise oriented experimental releases and artists. When not making art I am reading,drinking,listening to albums,sleeping or working a boring office job.

*NOTE:Almost everything I do is on standard sized paper 8.5 x 11 or 11 x17 but sometimes I make an exception.
-Matt Lock

8 comments:

Aeron said...

Oy, looking forward to seeing more of your stuff on here. I really dig that yellow composition with the giant skull.

Luke P. said...

Debating is how I get to know people.
Do you want me to link to your puff and magic site, Matt?
Also kind of curious about what pens and inks you use.

Luke P. said...

Matt also didn't metnion that he's a METAL FIEND!!
-check out his blog for awesome metal related stuff.

zeke said...

Hi Matt, cool art, look forward to seeing more!

A.B. said...

Great drawings and paintings. Thanks for joining up.

William Cardini said...

Your Cederteg book is totally awesome

Newman Cruise said...

Welcome to the Delts.

SEAN said...

I like the rustic fellow with the goat on the bottom quite a bit. As for the actual style of execution, i'm still on the fence about the whole intentionally naive drawing trend. On one hand, rendering & realism & slickness can get absurd very quickly & it has & is. On another hand, this sort of naive drawing style allows for more interpretation & obscurity within the pieces, which allows for a different relationship to the piece... on another hand, it looks like an insane or mentally retarded 10 year kid drew it, which is REALLY not an insult, i mean, i love looking at all sorts of work. Anyhow, that's why i'm on the fence about it all. Great work nonetheless.